Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Trinity Episcopal Church, Newtown, CT
Hours: 8-10 Hours/Week; 42 Weeks/Year (mid-August – early June)
Beginning: March 2022
Collaborates With: Rector, Communications Director, Children’s Ministry Team, Youth Leaders
Working Environment: Creative and collaborative team; office supplied; budget established
- Exciting opportunity to experiment and build - collaboratively - a brand new program, one that meets the changing needs of families as pandemic innovations continue and church culture evolves.
- This is a complete ‘starting again’ moment, in a parish with a deep history of a strong Christian formation program. Trinity Church has the resources and support - human and otherwise - for ministry with children and youth to flourish and thrive.
- We are an inclusive, loving, and Spirit-filled community, attracting families. We plan to start small and build as we re-grow. Hours may change as needed or desired.
- Trinity Episcopal Church is a progressive Christian faith community. Read about us here:
We are part of the Episcopal Church in Connecticut (ECCT):
Current Curriculum Subscription: Weaving God’s Promises
- Plan for weekly offerings, following Christian liturgical year. Share curriculum among teachers and families. Purchase and inventory supplies.
- Coordinator will often be the teacher, initially. As program grows, recruit additional teachers and provide training and support.
- Make outreach to parish and community families about Trinity’s offerings for children and youth. (Press releases in the Newtown Bee, Danbury News Times, letters to new families in Newtown, promotion through social media and in-person outreach, etc.)
- Presence and leadership required at Sunday morning worship and at programming for children and youth; other hours flexible and negotiable during week.
- Attend staff meetings (flexible timing).
- Collaborate with Communications and Membership Director and new Membership team to invite and integrate prospective members into life of parish.
- Invite children and youth into the liturgical and sacramental life of the parish.
- Help plan and implement seasonal events such as Fall Homecoming, Christmas Pageant, Holy Week activities, etc.
- Coordinate with Rector on preparation for Confirmation.
- Collaborate with Youth Leaders on ways to integrate activities for children and youth.
- Write updates for the Trinity ENews.
- Implement intergenerational events for Trinity Church, collaborating with Rector and Children’s Ministry Team.
- Invite children and families to participate in parish Mission and Outreach activities
- Christian faith and a life of discipleship in the way of Jesus Christ.
- An honest, trustworthy, creative, collaborative, enthusiastic person.
- Experience with teaching and educational program development.
- Nurturing love of infants, children, youth, and families.
- Comfort with innovation and adaptation as family life and church culture are changing; compassion for the challenges of family life today.
- Commitment to ECCT and Trinity Safe Church philosophy and practices.
- Comfort with beliefs and practices held by Trinity Episcopal Church and the Episcopal Church in Connecticut. Commitment to radical welcome: diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Completion of mandatory Safe Church Training and background checks; assist in training and screening of all volunteers.
Note: It is Trinity Church policy that staff members are not members of the parish.
Trinity Episcopal Church, 36 Main Street, Newtown, CT 203/426-9070
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.