The Visioning Task Teams are working hard to discern God’s call for each of our Core Ministries. We are blessed with the work these task teams have been prayerfully doing. One of our key guidelines for pursuing our vision is Willingness to Risk and Experiment. You can see in the updates on each task team below, the experimentation being planned. This is an exciting time for Trinity!
FORMATION - ADULT
FORMATION - CHILDREN & FAMILIES
FORMATION - YOUTH
WORSHIP & MUSIC
1. Developing Long-Term Viability: We are committed to developing a ministry approach that helps ensure the long-term viability of Trinity as an Episcopal congregation in this area.
2. Stewarding Well Our Core Ministries: We will attend to stewarding our core ministries well while we work to adapt them based on on-going evaluation to meet the changing needs within the church and the larger community we seek to serve.
3. Living within Our Means: We are committed to designing and implementing a ministry that lives within the resources which are available in relation to finances, staff, lay leadership/volunteers, and physical assets.
4. Willingness to Risk and Experiment: We are willing to engage in risk, experimentation, and on-going evaluation as we try new things to address the changes taking place within the church and the community we seek to serve.
5. Balancing Inward and Outward: We are committed to bringing more into balance the time and effort that we invest in engaging the community we seek to serve with those we invest in our inward ministries.
6. Learning to Engage with Others: We will actively engage persons in our larger community not presently served by the church in ways that listen to, walk with, and learn from them, as we bear witness to the good news of the gospel.
7. Program Simplicity and Coherence: We will attend to developing a program approach that is simplified from its present complexity and is aligned with our mission, vision, and resources; meaning we will need to say “no” to some of our present activities and ministries.
8. Increasing Lay Leadership: We will work to increase lay leadership within our ministry at all levels, with staff being involved primarily in recruiting, training, and empowering these persons to lead.
9. Discerning God’s Continued Leading: We will continually and intentionally scan for places where God appears to be at work in our midst and within the larger community we serve. We will then act to align our ministry with these movements.
10. Cultivating Partnerships: We will actively develop partnerships with other groups, faith communities, and organizations which help promote the work of God in our context. We will also be willing to step up and lead when we feel called to do so.